SNAIL GRAPHIC HUMOR LLEIDA, SPAIN
- Complete conditions (Spanish, Catalan, English, French) you can download HERE
EDITORIAL CARTOON CANADA
The 17th International Editorial Cartoon Competition
“F” for fake
Yesterday a global network with libertarian accents, has the Internet become a threat to democracies?
Corporate-funded think tanks and fake grassroots groups are now everywhere and consumers often have difficulty in finding the source of the “information” they disseminate.
The phenomenon is compounded by the fact that one doesn’t need to actually be where something is happening in order to report on it. Many have also criticized the role of algorithms used by social networks in limiting debate by enclosing their users in ideological bubbles.
The term “fake news” has further been co-opted as a means of silencing legitimate journalism or criticism, and when confronted by verifiable facts, the term “alternative facts” has even been invoked.
2. Prizes: three prizes will be given: a first prize of $1000 plus a Certificate from Canadian UNESCO, second and third prizes of $500. All sums are in Canadian dollars. Ten additional cartoons will receive an ‘Award of Excellence,’ Regrettably no financial remuneration accompanies the Awards of Excellence.
3. Only one cartoon will be accepted from each cartoonist. It may be either in color or black and white and must not have won an award.
4. The size of the cartoon should not exceed A4; 21 by 29.2 cm; or 8.50 by 11 inches.
5. The name, address, telephone number and a short biography of the cartoonist must be included in the submission.
6. The Canadian Committee for World Press Freedom shall have the rights to use any of the cartoons entered in the Competition for promotion of our Editorial Cartoon Competition and World Press Freedom Day.
7. The winners of the Cartoon Competition will be announced at the World Press Freedom Day Luncheon held at the Chateau Laurier in Ottawa, Canada on Tuesday May 2, 2017 as well as being advised by e-mail. The winner’s names and their cartoons will be posted on the CCWFP web site.
8. The winning cartoons will be exhibited at the luncheon.
The deadline for receipt of cartoons is 5 p.m. GMT, Friday, March 31, 2017.
Send submissions by e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Cartoons should be in jpeg format at 300 dpi
OSTEN 2017 SKOPJE, MACEDONIA
Conditions and the entry form in PDF format you can download HERE
TRENTO 2017, ITALY – NEW DEADLINE !
* Conditions and the entry form in PDF-format you can download HERE
BIENNIAL GABROVO, BULGARIA
23rd International Biennial of Humour and Satire in Art
19th May – 30th September 2017, Gabrovo
The 23rd International Biennial of Humour and Satire in Art is comprised of a competition and a curated exhibition. The competition is held in two sections: cartoons and contemporary art.
Museum House of Humour and Satire, Gabrovo Municipality and the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Bulgaria. The Organizing Committee is chaired by the Mayor of Gabrovo.
19th May 2017, 7.00 p.m. at the Museum House of Humour and Satire, Gabrovo
3. Theme: Laughing in the Face of…
- fear, crises, adversity, the status quo – artists are invited to complete the phrase and make a statement by addressing the present day and its social, economic, political, cultural and daily problems and challenges.
Eligible for the contemporary art section of the competition are works of art executed in any technique and media (painting, sculpture, photography, printmaking, drawing, poster, installation, video, and others).
- Golden Aesop Prize – a statuette and 5 000 BGN (appr. 2 550 euro)
- Gascar Prize of the town of Gabrovo awarded to a young artist (up to 40 yrs.) – a statuette and 3 000 BGN (appr. 1 530 euro)
- Special prize given by Skalni Materiali JS Co-Rousse – 3 000 BGN (appr. 1 530 euro)
The cartoons competition section includes the following categories:
- Cartoons (original works signed by the artists and digital works, up to A3 size)
- Animated cartoons (gif and flash)
- Printed cartoon publications (albums, catalogues, artists’ books)
- Grand Prix – 3 000 BGN (appr. 1 530 euro)
- Prize for cartoon (hand-signed originals and digital drawings) – 2 000 BGN (appr. 1 020 euro)
- Prize for animated cartoon (gif and flash formats) – 2 000 BGN (appr. 1 020 euro)
- Prize for printed cartoon publication – 1 000 BGN (appr. 510 euro)
The prizewinning works remain in the Humour of the Peoples art collection of the Museum House of Humour and Satire.
The organizers kindly invite all artists to visit Gabrovo on 19th May 2017 for the opening of the Biennial exhibition and join in the Gabrovo carnival.
General Entry Rules
- The competition is open to all artists who accept the conditions of entry. Each artist may enter no more than two works in a section.
- Application procedure:
- In order to apply, artists complete an online entry-form; depending on the type and media, each work may be visually represented with:
- up to 3 images each one of which should not be larger than 4 MB, jpg or png format (your images are best represented at 1000px on the longest side and a resolution of 72ppi)
- video that can be watched online at a URL provided by the artist in the entry form
- animated cartoons (gif and flash) with duration of up to 25 seconds (provided through a URL or file upload)
- The selection of the works is made online by an international jury.
- Artists with selected works send the originals by post within the indicated deadline.
- Print cartoon publications are sent directly by post – no online submission is necessary.
- Important dates:
- 12th March 2017, midnight Bulgarian time (GMT+2) – closing date for applications
- 24th March – the selected works are published on the website
- 27th March – 22nd April – the original works are to be received at the following address:
Museum HOUSE OF HUMOUR AND SATIRE
68, Bryanska Str., P.O.B. 104
- Artists whose works are not selected to be shown in the competition exhibition will not be personally notified.
- The Museum House of Humour and Satire will be pleased to accept donations. Artists are requested to state their will as donors (provided their works are selected to be shown in the competition exhibition) in the entry form. The donated works become part of the museum collection.
- Artists who wish to have their works returned should indicate it in the entry form. Works will be sent back from 1st October until 30th November 2017 at the artists’ expense by post or express services to an address indicated by them. Artists may personally collect their works within the same deadline at the Museum. The Museum bears no responsibility for the storage of the unclaimed works after 30th November 2017.
- All works should be sent by post or express services with PRINTED MATTER and NO COMMERCIAL VALUE noted on the package.
- Artists should cover the transport costs franco Gabrovo. The organizers will not collect packages sent to other destinations. All customs dues and landing charges payable upon the receipt and the return of the works should be covered by the artists who will be personally notified of the exact amount.
- The cash prizes are subject to taxation in conformity with Bulgarian law. The prizes can be received no later than 31st December 2015.
- The Museum guarantees the safety of the works from the date of receipt to the date of return assuming no responsibility for damage or loss during transit. It is recommended that the works should be insured in advance.
- With regard to the Biennial exhibition, the Museum reserves the right to reproduce the works on display and have them printed in its and other publications, as well as on the Biennial website.
- The organizers guarantee that the artists’ personal data shall be processed as it is stipulated in the Personal Data Protection Act in force in the Republic of Bulgaria now.
- The conditions of entry are contractually binding. By submitting works to the competition artists agree to the terms of this contract.
THE ENTRY FORM:
In order to apply please complete an online entry-form
* Source: Museum House of Humour and Satire Gabrovo, Bulgaria
We wish you a lot of success !